Employment Opportunity | OUTREACH + DISTRIBUTION MANAGER
VIDEO OUT: OUTREACH + DISTRIBUTION MANAGER
The Satellite Video Exchange Society (www.vivomediaarts.com) is a Vancouver-based, charitable, non-profit, artist-run media arts centre that encourages and directly supports the creation, production, education, exhibition, distribution, and appreciation of media works by independent artists and alternative, community- based producers.
Position Description: This is a full-time management position, working with the management team of VIVO Media Arts Centre while overseeing Video Out Distribution operations, outreach, special projects and the activities of the Video Out Technical Coordinator.
Overview: The Outreach + Distribution Manager is primarily responsible for the artist-focused distribution and support of new and historic video and new media work, playing a key role in both the support and development of new media-related contemporary art practices and the preservation of historical video productions and the digitization of tapes from the Crista Dahl Media Library and Archives. The Outreach and Distribution Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of Video Out Distribution, including developing and executing distribution sales, rentals and plans, the acquisition and dissemination of new and historical work, assisting curators and programmers, maintaining producer files and records, budgeting and accounting, grant writing and reporting, and conducting outreach activities for the promotion of work in active distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating Artist Services w/ Outreach Initiatives, Acquisitions, Artist Relations
- Marketing of Collection & Active Distribution Titles
- Collection Management
- Special Projects Design & Management
- Facilitation of Collaborative Community Partnerships
- Curatorial & Programming Support/Promotion
- Grant Writing
- Human Resources Management
- Policy & Procedures Development
- Financial Management, Planning, Budgeting & Oversight
- An established knowledge of video art history and curatorial / educational experience with independent media arts production
- Marketing and/or media distribution experience
- Experience working with artist-run centres, collectives or community-based organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to plan and manage basic budgets and financial operations
- Ability to work constructively with diverse communities and individuals
- Broad based computer knowledge (Mac and PC), in particular familiarity with Photoshop, Word Processing, Excel, Filemaker Pro
- Be self-motivated with an ability to organize and execute day to day operations, set and meet deadlines, plan and carry out long range projects, set priorities.
Interested Candidates should send their CV and cover letter to:
Outreach + Distribution Manager Hiring Committee
VIVO Media Arts Centre
Deadline: Monday, January 5, 2015
DOWNLOAD PDF BELOW