Become a Member
Members are at the centre of VIVO’s structure. For over four decades, VIVO has enabled media-driven conversations and transformations by providing access to production equipment and facilities, production support, technical training and community knowledge sharing. Today, our members access equipment and facilities for production and presentation, our post-production suite, and our workshops, at subsidized rates. Membership fees also go directly toward the cost of running VIVO, and help ensure that our rates stay low and our services and programming are widely accessible.
What’s are the different types of membership? See Member Benefits below.
Supporting Member: $15 + GST
- Receive VIVO mail-outs
- Opportunity to participate on VIVO Committees and at General Meetings with voting privileges
Basic Producer Member: $50 + GST
- Supporting Member privileges
- Opportunity to access gear at Basic Producer Member rates
- Opportunity to access studio, microcinema, editing facilities, and co-working space for production rentals at Basic Producer Member rates
- Opportunity to access studio and microcinema for event rentals at Basic Producer Member rates
- 20% discount on Workshops
Extended Producer Member: $100 + GST
- Basic Producer Member privileges
- Opportunity to access gear at Extended Producer Member rates
- Opportunity to access studio, microcinema, editing facilities, and co-working space for production rentals at Extended Producer Member rates
Organizational Member: $100 + GST
- Extended Producer Member privileges
- Rates and privileges reserved for organizations whose activities align with VIVO’s mandate, mission and values
- Organizations may confer voting privileges to one representative for all General Meetings
Please note: Members are required to show ID when using VIVO’s facilities and equipment. If you registered as a member prior to 2017, your yearly subscriptions will automatically renew; you can stop your subscription at any time in your Paypal settings. New subscriptions do not automatically renew. If you need to temporarily change your membership, send us an email. We’d be glad to help you out.
Important: Members’ use of VIVO equipment and facilities is a form of production assistance to the artist/producer and as such, VIVO requires acknowledgement on all promotional materials and in the credit and/or title sequence of any works made with VIVO equipment or assistance. VIVO encourages all members to donate work produced through VIVO to our Archive and/or to Video Out for distribution (copyright remains with the producer). The Archive ensures preservation of its collection, and makes it accessible to researchers and curators; Video Out distribution works to promote and distribute works to galleries, festivals, educational institutions and broadcasters, and earns revenue for producers.