VIVO seeks Operations Coordinator!
Like what we do? Want some experience at one of Canada’s oldest artist-run centres? Come join our team! VIVO is hiring an Operations Coordinator. Deadline is August 31. Details below.
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (DEADLINE AUGUST 31)
21 hours/week | $15/hr
The Satellite Video Exchange Society/VIVO is a non-profit and artist-run media arts centre that encourages and directly supports the creation, production, education, distribution, and appreciation of media works by independent artists and alternative, community-based producers.
This is a part-time staff position paid on a bi-weekly basis, responsible for front desk reception duties, administrative support, venue rental oversight, and member and volunteer coordination. This position reports to the General Manager and Management Collective.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer the front desk phone and monitoring email
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Handle income and payments in accordance with VIVO accounting practices
- Maintain and update databases, and pull statistical reports as needed
- Organize and facilitate visiting tours in collaboration with other Departments
- General administrative and operational support
- Day-to-day facility management, shared with Management Collective
Member and Volunteer Support:
- Register new members and introduce them to VIVO activities and opportunities
- Maintain and update membership sections/forms on the website as needed
- Post membership related notices and information to social media sites and email as appropriate
- Notify members of membership renewal dates as needed
- Recruit and schedule volunteers as needed, and assist in development of recruitment strategies
- Introduce volunteers to VIVO activities and opportunities, and inform volunteers of VIVO policies and procedures
- Coordinate appropriate support/training for volunteers in conjunction with Department Managers
- Develop, with the General Manager, a budget for volunteer recognition activities
- Coordinate with Department Managers to identify volunteer assignments that provide meaningful work for volunteers and assisting in preparing and posting volunteer job descriptions
Studio Rentals Oversight
- Manage venue bookings
- Prepare venue rental contracts
- Collect and administer deposits, rental fees and fines
- Coordinate tech support for events with the Technical Services Manager
- Schedule Venue Managers and Volunteers
- Facilitate event permit applications
- Interest and enthusiasm for media arts; experience in non-profit and artist-run cultures an asset
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge of database management systems an asset
- Driver’s license required
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter outlining suitability to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Operations Coordinator Hiring Committee.
The Satellite Video Exchange Society/VIVO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from representatives of self-identified underserved communities.
The deadline to apply is August 31. We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be held the week of September 5, 2016.