Photography Retouching & Compositing
VFX artist John Mutter shows you how to combine multiple photos and apply effects to create any image desired.
9 hours total over 3 sessions, online
Session 1: Thur June 25, 6pm - 9pm
Session 2: Thur July 2, 6pm - 9pm
Session 3: Thur July 9, 6pm - 9pm
All times are Pacific Time
BY DONATION (suggested $35) for VIVO Producer Members or those facing reduced income due to COVID-19
Regular ticket is $65 (+GST)
- Participants must have Photoshop (any version).
- A basic working knowledge of Photoshop is recommended, but keen beginners also welcome.
- To join the workshop, participants will use the free Zoom Desktop Client, available for free here (click on the Download button under "Zoom Client for Meetings"): https://zoom.us/download.
This workshop focuses on developing correct techniques in Photoshop to mask and reveal different images, layers, and effects, providing students with the foundation needed to combine multiple photos, retouch portraits, and source and blend different elements to create any image desired.
Students will also be introduced to a non-destructive workflow that preserves the original image, making it effortless to create multiple versions or quickly reverse any modifications made to source imagery.
By engaging in hands-on practice, students will understand how Photoshop works, allowing them to create powerful portraits, band photos, fashion photographs, landscapes, etc.
With these skills students will feel confident when:
- combining and colour-correcting multiple images into a final composite
- retouching portraits
- accentuating or warping features of a face or scene
- “relighting” figures
- removing or adding blemishes and wrinkles
- adding effects such as fire, smoke, or sparks.
The instructor will provide image files for participants to use during workshop exercises.