A Message from the Archive
Dear Friends of VIVO,
As 2019 winds down, I’ve had a bit of time to review the past year. I’d like to share with you what we’ve accomplished in the Archive. Here it is, by the numbers:
- 500+ A/V recordings, photos and documents digitized & online
- 130 Boxes of archival materials processed
- 4 Rare ‘70s LGBTQ videos digitized and part of a national touring exhibition
- 4 Special Collections Finding Aids
- 3 Media collections acquired
- 3 Independent film licensing contracts
- 2 Editions of our new monthly screening series Sticky Impulse: Archive Nights
- 1 Artists’ panel and commissioned response
- 1 Archivist internship
- 1 Archivist residency
- 1 Online exhibition
- 1 Virtual Museum Canada bilingual exhibition (launching 2020)
We’re grateful to have secured funding for some of our projects, however, the truth is that individual donors continue to play a critical role in supporting ALL our activities.
As a 20-year member, volunteer, and staff at VIVO, I’ve learned how important donations are. That’s why I’ve donated monthly to VIVO for the past six years.
If you’d like to see digitization and archive programming continue, or want to support any of VIVO’s other excellent programs, please consider making a gift to VIVO. It’s easy to make one-time or monthly donations through our new online platform and your 2019 charitable tax receipt will be emailed to you immediately.
Remember, your donation will make a lasting impact on the production, dissemination, and preservation of media art and supports our incredible educational programs as well.
Best wishes for the New Year,
Manager, Crista Dahl Media Library & Archive