About Operation Yellow Helmet
JOIN OUR CREW! Help Us Realize Our Dream Plan For VIVO.
We love our Kaslo space, but it needs more than a coat of paint to meet the needs of media artists in the short and long term. Designer Scott Cohen has been working with VIVO to design a flexible space with improved and new facilities for the production, exhibition, education, and conservation of media art.
The good news is, we’ve secured the nuts and bolts funding and our Operation Yellow Helmet is in full gear. But we need your help to make sure that our dream plan for VIVO gets realized. Our fundraising goal for our Indiegogo campaign is $8000.
Here’s what we can accomplish with your help:
- PERMANENT! Wheelchair access.
- NEW! Co-working space. A rare resource in the under-served communities of Grandview-Woodlands and Renfrew-Collingwood.
- NEW! Kitchen facilities. Finally, you can work or volunteer at VIVO and not have to eat doughnuts and McDonalds (unless you want to). Imagine the possibilities!
- IMPROVED! Exhibition/Studio Space
- Control Booth. Choose between a raised, discrete control booth or accessible floor access.
- New projectors (we know we don’t have to sell you on that one)
- More projectionsurfaces (to make use of our new projectors of course!)
- New staff entrance for concession area for quick kitchen access
- MORE! Space for the Crista Dahl Media Library & Archive
- Over 500 sq ft of newly acquired climate-controlled, secured, video storage (‘cause after all, we do run the largest independent media arts archive in Western Canada!)
- Private print archive with research and scanning area.
- NEW! Classroom/WorkshopSpace. 400+ sq ft dedicated classroom with a 4K flat panel screen.
- MORE! Space for the Digitization Hub. The better to access all that rad vintage video gear we use to digitize your work.
- NEW! Production Studio/Micro-Cinema. For the first time at VIVO – a flex space that includes a 7.1 surround sound system; iPad Air 2; Mac Mini; Audio Interface; Projector and motorized screen.
What’s in it for you?
If you’re a MEDIA ARTIST: New facilities and better technology
If you’re a cultural or COMMUNITY GROUP: A quality, accessible, affordable venue
If you’re a CONTEMPORARY ART LOVER: Some of the most diverse programming in the city—from solo exhibitions to high-profile festivals—and access to 45 years of international media art.
If you’re just INCREDIBLY GENEROUS: Great perks AND knowing that you’ve supported local culture and our media artists.
The PERKS in Operation Yellow Helmet reflect your interests and popular programs of VIVO! Original artworks, one-of-a-kind experiences, access to VIVO services and events, and special perks from friends of VIVO like Queer Arts Festival and BlackFlash Magazine.
Check out ALL perks at Operation Yellow Helmet!
Support Vancouver Media Art!
Support a vital, accessible cultural venue!
Earn fantastic perks!
VIVO THANKS ITS CAMPAIGN PARTNERS FOR THEIR GENEROSITY
Sean Michaels | Jaeden Chayce Leimert | Margaret Dragu | Mariane Bourcheix-Laporte
Matilda Aslizadeh | Gabriela Aceves-Sepulveda | HandTaste Ferments