Video Out Presents: New Normal, New Narrative – New Acquisitions Screening
NEW NORMAL, NEW NARRATIVE
Thurs, September 23rd, 8pm PDT
FREE - (check back here at time of event, scroll down)
**Program will remain available to watch for 24-hours.**
Video Out presents, New Normal, New Narrative, a program of 10 works selected from our most recent thematic call-for-submissions. Works selected respond to the everyday as it has changed since the pandemic. Perspectives shifted, materiality transformed, narratives revisioned.
This program runs 1 hour and 43 minutes, with an intermission and an intro/outro by Video Out.
- Ethan Rhodes - Painted Gold, 2021, 4min, Canada
- Sahba Sadeghian - ZO20, 2021, 3min, Canada
- Arnaud Laffond - Stay Home, 2020, 4min, France
- Pepon Meneses & Laura Ginès - Freedom, 2020, 5min, Spain
- Bijan Karim - Three Distinct Impressions, 2021, 12min, Canada
- Liam Mullen - Swimming Lessons, 2021, 9min, Canada
- April Lin 林森 - (Tending) (to) (Ta): Beginnings (excerpt), 2021, 28min, UK
- Big Top Collective - The Main Event, 2021, 3min, Canada
- Jason Lei & Kees Dekker - Teardown, 2021, 4min, Canada
- Chun Hua Catherine Dong - They, 2017, 30min, Canada
This event is programmed and introduced on the Unceded Coast Salish Territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Still from Teardown, by Jason Lei and Kees Dekker.