Push the emotional tone of your moving images or match footage shot on different cameras, in this workshop led by colourist Devan Scott.
12 hours total over 4 sessions online // $133, or $95 for members
By donation for those facing reduced income due to COVID-19
Session 1: Mon July 6, 2pm-5pm
Session 2: Fri July 10, 2pm-5pm
Session 3: Mon July 13, 2pm-5pm
Session 4: Fri July 17, 2pm-5pm
All times listed are Pacific Time
- Before the first session of this workshop, participants must download and install the free software Davici Resolve 16, available here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve.
- To join the workshop, participants will either use the Zoom Desktop Client or join directly through a web browser.
- Before the workshop, participants will be supplied the footage with which to work, but are encouraged to bring their own footage as well.
This online workshop introduces you to the free colour correction software, Davinci Resolve, a powerful tool which compliments the Black Cinema Cameras available for rent at VIVO. Learn how to use Resolve through practical demonstrations and hands-on exercises.
- Workflow, including efficient file management, importing footage from other editing programs to DaVinci Resolve, and conforming timelines
- Colour theory & IRE levels
- Primary & secondary correction, including contrast, HSL keys, and power windows
- Curve Editor
- Motion tracking
- RAW imaging theory & processing
- How to read waveforms and scopes
- Grading VS correction
- Matching footage of various quality, shot on multiple cameras
- Styles - how to give your footage various “looks”
This workshop is structured to give participants a week between sessions, in order to practice on their own and come up with questions.
Devan Scott’s passion for visual storytelling has led to a portfolio of work as a director, cinematographer, and colourist that has been growing ever since. To see his portfolio, visit movingimageagency.com